Friendly Persuasion: Drafting & Using High-Impact Amicus BriefsJuly 31, 2018
I am delighted to have recorded for DRI-The Voice of the Defense Bar an on-demand webinar entitled Friendly Persuasion: Drafting & Using High-Impact Amicus Briefs. The webinar is intended for (i) trade associations, professional organizations, advocacy groups, and individual corporations that are interested in providing – or that get solicited to provide – amicus support in appeals involving important legal issues; (ii) outside attorneys and in-house counsel who handle or manage appeals; and (iii) attorneys who are engaged, or would like to be engaged, to draft amicus briefs.
My one-hour webinar covers the following topics:
- Role of amicus briefs in appellate litigation
- Soliciting amicus support
- Amicus brief content & style
- Rules governing amicus briefs
- Federal or state government as amicus curiae