Upcoming Live Webinar: Strategic Use of Amicus Briefs in Appellate AdvocacySeptember 12, 2017
Capital Appellate Advocacy founder Larry Ebner will be participating in an upcoming Strafford live webinar, “Strategic Use of Amicus Briefs in Appellate Advocacy,” scheduled for Thursday, October 12, from 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm EDT. Larry and two other highly experienced appellate specialists, Averil Rothrock and Mary-Christine (M.C.) Sungaila, will cover many amicus-related topics, such as the following:
- What strategic considerations affect decisions on whether to solicit and/or file amicus briefs?
- What are the elements of an effective Statement of Interest?
- What unique considerations should counsel consider at the discretionary review stage versus the merits stage?
- How can appellate specialists, trial counsel and in-house counsel most effectively team on preparation of amicus briefs?
- What special issues are involved when the Solicitor General is invited by the U.S. Supreme Court to file an amicus brief on behalf of the United States?
- How should counsel respond when state attorneys general, law professors, former government officials, or other ad hoc groups participate in an appeal as amici curiae?
The panel’s presentation will be lively and interactive, and supported by Power Points and other materials. Webinar registrants will have ample opportunity to ask questions.
To read more and register, please press/click this link.